WAFER SURFACE CONTAMINATION
FOR up to 300 mm WAFERS
MEASUREMENT OF TRACE ELEMENTAL SURFACE CONTAMINATION
TXRF analysis can gauge contamination in all fab processes, including cleaning, litho, etch, ashing, films, etc. The TXRF 310Fab can measure elements from Na through U with a single-target, 3-beam X-ray system and a liquid nitrogen-free detector system.
The TXRF 310Fab includes Rigaku's patented XYθ sample stage system, an in-vacuum wafer robotic transfer system, and new user-friendly windows software. These contribute to higher throughput, accuracy and precision, and easy routine operation.
Optional Sweeping TXRF software enables mapping of the contaminant distribution over the wafer surface to identify "hot spots" that can be automatically re-measured at higher precision.
- ZEE-TXRF capability overcomes the historical 15mm edge exclusion of original TXRF designs, enabling measurements to be made with zero edge exclusion.
- BAC-TXRF capability enables fully-automated front-side and back-side TXRF measurements of 300mm wafers with non-contacting wafer flipping.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Quick contamination inspection for semiconductor processes
- Accepts 300 mm, 200 mm, and 150 mm wafers
- Wide range of analytical elements (Na~U)
- Light-element sensitivity (for Na, Mg, and Al)
- Single target 3-beam method and XYθ stage are unique to Rigaku, enabling highly accurate ultra-trace analysis over the entire wafer surface
- Import measurement coordinates from defect inspection tools for follow-up analysis
- FOUP, SMIF, and through-the-wall configurations are available to meet the various needs of high-volume manufacturing wafer fabs
|Technique||Total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF)|
|Benefit||Measurement of trace elemental surface contamination|
|Technology||Three-beam excitation and automatic optics alignment|
|Core attributes||Rotating-anode X-ray source, XYθ sample stage, liquid nitrogen-free detector, accepts 300 mm, 200 mm, and 150 mm wafers|
|Core options||GEM-300 automation software for full factory automation, SP-TXRF capability enables mapping of the entire wafer surface, ZEE-TXRF capability enables measurements to zero edge exclusion, BAC-TXRF capability enables fully-automated front-side and back-side measurements|
|Computer||Internal PC, MS Windows® OS|
|Core dimensions||1200 (W) x 2050(H) x 2546 (D) mm|
|Mass||1380 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||3Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz, 30 A|
Detection Limit of typical elements（LLD）
●Na, Mg, Al～U analyzable
●200 mm & 300 mm compatible
●No need for liquid nitrogen
●Available with VPD function for hydrophilic substrates
|200 mm and 300 mm compatible||2.5×1011||2.5×1011||1.0×109||1.0×109||1.5×109|
Measurement time: 1,000 sec
＊ Film type contamination
Metal contamination monitor for 107 atoms/cm2 level
Pharmaceuticals have the power to change the world for the better, but before they can ever do that, they need to be proven safe and trustworthy. Here at Rigaku, we strive to make this a reality as the leading global scientific analytical instrumentation company specializing in X-ray and thermal analysis, and Raman spectroscopy.
To contribute to the enhancement of humanity through scientific and technological development.
Value our customers, value our people, and value our technology